Sunday, July 5, 2009

Hogle Zoo with my mom (Grandma Hardman)

My mom bought a grandparents pass to Hogle Zoo last year. She wanted to make sure we were able to use it twice, so she treated us to a day of fun at the zoo and lunch after on Friday, July 3rd before it expired at the end of the month. It was REALLY crowded (figured out after that it was the day they let military and family in for free) but we still had fun. Janika wanted to keep moving, only looking at an animal for a split second sometimes (that's how she's always been). Makayla enjoyed seeing the animals but complained about being hot (as usual) and wanted to be carried (as usual). Kierra absolutely LOVED the animals, especially when they were active. She would get excited, point at them, smile, grab onto the fence to get a better look. SO CUTE!!!!
My mom always buys a bag of kernel corn at the beginning. She has a certain way she goes, which has the less amount of hills to climb. She likes to go to the shows. This time we barely were able to get into the bird show. Dan stood in line for the show to save us seats, while we went on the carousel (something she lets the kids do each time). By the time we were done, the place was full and they weren't letting many people in. I was able to get in with the kids while my mom parked the stroller. She wasn't coming, so I went and got her in. After we have seen everything she likes to go on the train ride, by this time Kierra was VERY tired. I had hoped she'd sleep on the way up, but she didn't. Actually I think we were all tired. After the train ride and the last thing, she lets each of the kids pick a souvenir. What an AWESOME GRANDMA!!! Thanks Mom!!

Janika posing for the traditional picture at Hogle Zoo!


Makayla

Me trying to get Kierra to stand still for a picture HAHA!!


This picture is small, but this baby had his blanket that he kept covering up in. He was so cute. I'm amazed we got a picture cuz everytime we went to take on he'd cover his face.

Dan & Kierra looking at a bird.

The cheetah was out pacing by the fence. I don't think I've ever seen him up. He was fun to watch and drew a crowd!

Janika, Makayla & Grandma looking at the Giraffes.

Kierra hanging on to see the penguins. I had to pry her hands off the fence to move on.


Dad & Makayla on train ride.

Janika & Mom (Grandma in background) on train ride.


Kierra on the train (finally a picture where you can see her face - she did not want to look at the camera).

No comments: