Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July

Okay, first I'm going to apologize for another long posts with several pictures. I'm mostly doing this for myself as this blog serves as a journal for me.

The 4th was a LONG day, but a FUN day. Dan ran the 10k in Provo. He left around 6 am. I had to get the the kids ready by myself and we were out the door by 6:45 am. (race started at 7 am). I stopped at Krispy Kremes for doughnuts. We parked and made it to the spot my mom and Aunt Sally had saved us for the parade (THANKS MOM & SALLY) around 7:30, just as the first runner passed. Yea! We made it before Dan ran by (only by 5-10 minutes). Makayla started not feeling well so after Dan was done with his race, he came and picked her & Kierra up and took them home. I stayed with Janika at the parade. After the parade we went home and had a relaxing afternoon. Then we were able to go to the Stadium of Fire thanks to my uncle that ended up getting some tickets. THANKS FRED & LAR!!! Luckily Makayla felt better and was able to go. The weather held out even though there were some ugly clouds around we only had a few drops of rain. We had a lot of fun and got home just after midnight.


Dan running the 10k. Yea Dan!! He ran it in 41:34. An awesome time!! He took 5th in his age group and 54th overall out of 1100. What a superman!! I'm proud of you honey!!
(The thing around his chest monitors his heart rate and tracks where he goes and several things like that.)
Kierra, Janika & Makayla at the parade
(Kierra did not want to sit for a picture & before Makayla went home)



Kierra looking so COOL with Sally's sunglasses on!!

Uncle Fred, Kierra & Janika at parade.
I must tell you most kids are afraid of my uncle Fred, but not Kierra. She loves Fred. She even will cry when he leaves our house.
STADIUM OF FIRE
Glenn Beck, SheDaisy, JONAS BROTHERS
Dan & Janika waiting for the show to begin.

Makayla

Janika

Janika so excited to see the Jonas Brothers!!


Janika & Makayla

The JONAS BROTHERS!! It was soooooooooo fun to see the girls so excited! I must say I have found true happiness in seeing my kids happy!!!!!!!

Joe is both my kids favorite. When I ask Janika who her favorite is, she says Joe. When I ask Makayla the same thing she says all of them. When I ask Makayla who is the cutest, she says Joe. Its so weird and fun to see their excitement over a boy band.

FIREWORKS... Janika hid and barely looked out of her jacket to see the fireworks. I think she's done that since she's little. SILLY GIRL. Makayla Makayla Makayla! So cute to see her in awe watching the fireworks. She absolutely LOVED them. Again, true happiness watching her watch the fireworks. It was the best show of fireworks I've seen in a LONG time!!!!

No comments: