Friday, March 12, 2010

Time Capsule

In 2000 my dad's side of the family decided to gather things and put in a time capsule to open in 10 years. I had actually forgotten about it until we were called to gather to open it together. There were several letters in there that people I had written, my aunt Vicki had taped people on a cassette tape (purposely using a cassette tape predicting they would be outdated). There was a grocery ad, newspaper and a few other things. It was fun to see/listen to each others predictions. Several were right on, some not so much. My grandma had made predictions for every individual in the family. That was really neat to see how she sees us. Some of the food prices were a lot higher, some about the same.

My aunt Vicki opening the time capsule!

My cousin, Marlisa, reluctantly reading her letter.

Cousin, Jen, reading hers.

My sweet Grandma opening her list of predictions.

I wanted to video her reading it and take more pictures, but my camera died, so these are all the pictures I was able to get. When I was talking to my grandma after I found out that there was an extra letter in the safe deposit box with the time capsule from my grandpa that passed away in 2003. He knew he wasn't going to be around when we opened it and somehow sneaked the letter in there without anyone knowing a couple months before he died. It was really neat to see what his letter said. I love my family!!

No comments: