Dan was able to start running again after several months dealing with injuries and sciatica. He decided he wanted to run a 1ok in Orem to see if he could win some tickets to the Hale Center theater. It was a chilly day, but I decided I wanted to go out and support him, so we got everyone ready and went. We sat in the van until it was about time for the race to begin. I took a couple pictures and cheered him on then went back to sit in the van until it was close to when he'd be finishing the race. He finished the race in 40:16 minutes. He did a great job as usual. He is really enjoying running and doing very well. When he got his slip that showed him his time and place it said he was 3rd overall. During the awards he was awarded 2nd overall (I guess the first place person was disqualified for some reason.)! I'm so proud of him!! Just for running he got a pair of tickets to a play and then for winning he got season passes to Hale Center theater and tickets to the dinosaur museum, farm country and the gardens at Thanksgiving Point!! Now we will have some fun date nights that aren't dinner and a movie.
No comments:
Post a Comment