Saturday, June 27, 2009

Makayla's 5th Birthday Party

We had Makayla's 5th birthday party on Saturday June 13th in the morning and that night was Janika's dance recital. Another BUSY day!! This year she wanted a Barbie party. I had done a Barbie party for Janika when she turned 5 so I did a lot of the same things, but there was still some planning to do and more work than I thought.

Makayla with her Barbie cake that my aunt Sally made for her. Thanks Sally! She's so awesome. She came over and helped me decorate the big Barbie cake and then several mini barbie cakes for each of the girls to decorate (made with the kelly dolls).


Makayla wanted to play "Pin the Tiara on Barbie". Well I didn't find one nor a poster, so I found a picture online and had it enlarged to poster size. Then I came home and painted it with kids paints (little did I know that it would take 4 hours to paint, but it turned out great). Then I cut tiaras using the cricut. Then I had it all laminated so I can use it again.



All her friends decorating their Barbie cakes.

They also were able to make bracelets using pipe cleaners and pony beads.
I think everyone had a fun time!

No comments: