Sunday, March 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

This year with Valentine's Day being on a Saturday I decided to go all out and make it an extra special day for the girls. First we heart attacked their bedroom door. I cut out several hearts on my cricut and then both Dan and I wrote things we love about each one on each heart. Janika on the purple hearts and Makayla on the pink hearts. They loved waking up to read what we love about them. Also on one of the hearts was the start to a treasure hunt. Dan wrote all clues to go on the hearts. The girls loved the treasure hunt, even if some of the clues needed to be explained to them a little. At the end of the treasure hunt they found their valentine gift from us... piggy banks, there was even one for Kierra. After that we had a nice breakfast. I had set the table really nice and fancy for them. Dan had made coffee cake, which the girls love. It was a fun and memorable Valentine's Day!!


Heart Attacked Door

Makayla & Janika reading the 1st clue to the Treasure Hunt.


The treasure hunt continues!


Janika with her "treasure".

Makayla with her "treasure".

Janika ready for breakfast, admiring the table!

Makayla ready for coffee cake. She had been asking for it recently, so it was great that we had already decided to make it for Valentine's Day.

No comments: