Makayla had 8 cavities and because of her age and how many she had we decided to have her "put out" for the ordeal. We opted to do it at the hospital for insurance reasons. I really liked the way she was treated at Orem Community Hospital. They really spoiled her. They gave her a little Ty beanie poodle besides other things mentioned below. It was a good experience for her. She was really brave and woke up really well. She was a little tipsy at first, but she wasn't sick. After she was brought back to the room, we left in 15-20 minutes. She was back to her normal self by the end of the day.
While we were still waiting in the lobby a girl came out and talked to Makayla. She gave her this hospital doll that she could draw a face, etc. on. She also talked to her about what was going to happen and showed her pictures. She left her with a bucket of toys she could play with while at the hospital and also gave her a bag full of fun craft things she could do (i.e. crayons, stickers, clue, etc.)
When we got back into the room, the nurse took her vitals with the "robot" then she changed into the hospital (tiger) pajamas. Makayla wasn't so thrilled about that. She loves to be pretty!
After she was all ready we were told it would be another hour. We found some cartoons for Makayla to watch. She pulled out her craft stuff and had fun!
Makayla hanging out with Mom coloring some more on the doll.
They took her on a wagon ride when it was her turn. Of course she wasn't looking at the camera, but the picture when she was looking at the camera is blurry. (P.S. The pictures were taken by a cell phone so they aren't that great.)
3 comments:
Oh I hate it when you have to do that... My kids are born without anamel (enamel) I dont know how you spell it but it sucks! They all have to be knocked out... The good thing is once its done, you dont have to do it again for a long time! Thank goodness for insurance right? (I have to say that my hubbie sells insurance) tee hee! Take Care!
I didn't know you could do such a thing!! Go to the hospital for dental work... Poor Makayla...
I am glad that it all went well. I think with Jaron we will do the hospital thing. Alli has had to do it but we always do it in the offce. Hospital sounds way better
Post a Comment