Monday, September 29, 2008

Kierra

Kierra is so much fun! I know I keep saying that, but this is really one of my favorite ages. She is doing new things all the time. She loves to jump in her "johnny jump up"! She blows raspberries and drools all over. She is sitting up (although you don't dare leave her unprotected because she still falls over). She has found her voice, is using it more & has become louder. She is rolling from her back to her tummy and back to her tummy now, although she still doesn't do it all the time.
She has been a real mama's girl. She has had a hard time going to anyone besides me and Dan. She would just cry as soon as you handed her to anyone else. On Friday, Makayla had to have some dental work done and was "put to sleep" for it. We didn't want to take Kierra, so we had Dan's mom babysit her. We prayed really hard that she would be good and not cry uncontrollably the whole time we were gone. We lucked out and as Myrna put it "Kierra and her made their peace". I was so glad that it worked out. Then on Saturday we spent all day helping Kristy and Daniel move. Kristy held Kierra a couple times and she actually did really well.
Kierra will be 5 months on Friday. I can't believe how fast time flies.
Kierra loves to watch the TV already! (Just so you know I don't just sit her in front the tv all the time like it looks here) :)

Kierra in her "johnny jump up"

Kierra sitting up by herself (with mommy ready to catch).

Kierra sound asleep in her swing with her faced smashed into the steering wheel. Just a few minutes before she was talking away. Then it got quiet and when I went downstairs this is what I saw.

No comments: