
Makayla decided she wanted a tea party for her 6th birthday party. I had a lot of fun planning it(like I always do). I got teacups & saucers and a tea pot at Taipan trading. I tried to make it a nice fancy setting. I had Grandma Hardman and Grandma Varga come help me, which worked really well with serving the princesses. We served mini flower PB & J sandwhiches, fruit kabobs (cheese & apple, grape & banana) chocolate covered strawberries & for tea was crystal light.
The invitation
She invited June, Paige, Mckelle, Addison, Brooklyn, Ulu, Melissa & Samantha

I made these hats for the girls to wear at the party.

The girls decorated and folded fancy paper fans! I wasn't sure how well this activity would work, but the girls spent time coloring and making them so cute. They all seemed to love it.

Here they all are showing us the pretty fans they made.

Tea Time

Makayla wanted a rainbow cake before she decided on the tea party. I played with many different ideas on how to do it with mini cupcakes (everything at tea parties are supposed to be small you know). I finally found how to do it with mini cupcakes, perfect. I think they turned out great and they were simple!!


We had a sugar cube relay.
We were supposed to do the games and pinata outside, but it was raining so we made it work inside.

We had a "teabag" toss!

Makayla with a few of her friends - Brooklyn, Mckelle & Paige

She got lots of fun gifts - this one is from Janika. One of the things she had asked several times for was chalk with glasses - they are 3-D glasses.

Her Grandma Varga gave her a necklace of hers. She loves it, thanks Grandma!!

We did the pinata in the garage due to the weather. It was fun to watch the girls. They would scream and had lots of fun!
I would say the party was a SUCCESS!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment