Sunday, June 27, 2010

Kierra's 2nd Birthday 5-3-2010

We invited both sides of the family over to celebrate Kierra's 2nd birthday!! Those 2 years sure flew by. I have tried to enjoy every stage as she goes through it. She still doesn't have any hair on top, but she is getting a little in the back. I think I forget how old she is because she has no hair. I have to remind myself she is 2 and knows when she is being naughty, especially when she is so cute. Her hugs, kisses & smiles just melt my heart and I think she knows it! She is talking a lot. She tries to mimic everything we say! She loves to sing and dance!! She loves nursery! She loves her sisters unless they are "mean" to her. Once in awhile when I tell her to go play with her sister she'll say "Makayla/Janika mean". She loves books. She is a really friendly girl that will talk to anyone that will listen to her. She isn't afraid of anyone!
Since she has turned 2 she has developed some real fears that we aren't sure where they have come from, but they are debilitating at times. She has a fear of heights. She has a fear of tile floors in stores - not sure where that one came from!! It was a few weeks ago when I was at Wal-Mart waiting to return something that I really noticed it. She was running around by me with her sisters and then out of the blue she was crouched down on the floor freaked out and would not move. I still don't know where that came from, but she still won't walk in the stores. Just the other day we went into Target and she was just fine on the carpet, once we got to the tile, she freaked out and had to be picked up. She also has done the same thing on my parents wood deck and our wooden back steps. I really wish I knew where it came from and why she is scared!!
We are so HAPPY she is part of our family!!!!!!!! She brings so much joy & happiness to our home!
After much searching and thinking I decided to do ladybug and flower cupcakes. It was something I could myself and I was very happy that they turned out so well.
Grandma Hardman took Kierra to Build-a-Bear and lunch for her birthday. She was so excited for her one on one date with grandma. This is her bunny she made! She named her "Happy". I'm so grateful that my mom loves to spend time with her grandkids and make them each feel special.
From us she got a water & sand table that she has loved!! She plays with it all the time. She likes to add rocks to it. She has a thing for rocks!
Kierra blew out her candles all by herself!!

No comments: