Monday, June 28, 2010

Dan- Gruesome Grizzly 8k 6-26-2010


Dan ran yet again another race on Saturday (that is all but one Saturday in June). It was short one (for him) only 5 miles, but it was a hard 5 miles. It was a trail race which trail running is his favorite. I decided I don't really like to watch him run on the trails. It makes me nervous. I hate to do anything downhill and watching him run that fast downhill on unpaved paths is kinda scary (I wasnt the only wife that was nervous.). The kids AGAIN did NOT want to go and they complained a good part of the time we were there, but I like to go and support Dan. This one was kinda cool in the sense we did get to see a couple parts of the race, just because it was up in the hills above us. It started in the parking lot of Canyon Glen up Provo Canyon. They ran along the pipe and fire roads then ended back at Canyon Glen. Dan said it was a blast! He took 7th overall and 2nd in his age division (30-39). He won the right to get in the Hobble Creek half marathon that is in August. He's excited about that because he tried to get in but it was full within hours.
Probably the only time they didn't ask to go home was after we watched the start of the race we went over to the ampitheater and danced for each other.





That's our ballerina girl!!



Dan almost done, just has to make a loop around the parking lot to the finish line!

Crossing the finish line!! He was staggering after he stopped running which made me nervous, but he was fine.

1 comment:

Amy said...

He's a mad man!! That's so great that he loves running so much! How's his body holding up?? I've never been much of a runner and I hear that it's soooo hard on your body....but such good exercise!! Way to go Dan!!!