It is also tradition in our family to get new PJs on Christmas Eve. This year they got pajamas and slippers After they open their PJs, they all take a shower/bath, then put on their new PJs and pose for a picture in front of the tree.
Another tradition we have (which I'm sure I've blogged about before so I'm sorry) is collecting straw by doing good deeds for each other to make a "soft" manger for baby Jesus. We put "Baby Jesus" at the top of our Christmas tree to help remind us to do good deeds. On Christmas Eve we let one of the kids take Baby Jesus out of the tree and put Him in the "soft" manger we have made.
This (last) year I was excited when I found this manger (undone). Before we have only had a basket that we used for a manger. It was a fun project for me to do and now we have a "true" manger.
No comments:
Post a Comment