A couple weeks ago on the way to preschool Makayla asked me the strangest question and the conversation continued the whole way to preschool. It went something like this:
Makayla: "Mom, would you be mad if I died?"
Mom: "I would be sad, I don't want you to die. Wouldn't you miss Dad, Me, Janika & Kierra?"
Makayla: "Wouldn't you come with me?"
Mom: "No."
Makayla: "I want to live with Jesus."
Mom: "Someday you will."
Okay, so I don't remember the whole conversation, but it was very interesting. She asked about not living at our house with us. She asked about being gone for just a little bit. She asked about the boy that was hit at the bus stop at the beginning of this school year. It really makes you wonder what she is thinking. I think it came up from things she is learning around this Easter season. I'm glad she loves Jesus and wants to live with him. I just hope that it won't be for a very long time.
No comments:
Post a Comment