Saturday, November 15, 2008

Janika's 8th Birthday Party

We had Janika's friend birthday party today. She chose to have a Hannah Montana Rockin' Party. I really enjoyed planning it, as usual. It was actually a very fun party. When the girls showed up they made star backpack clips made out of perler beads. Then they went downstairs to sing and dance to Hannah Montana songs. That was the highlight of the whole party! I felt pure happiness just sitting and watching Janika with her friends having so much fun. That was the best part for me. I know this may sound weird, but it brought me close to tears to see her so happy. Then the girls came up for gifts, cake & ice cream. Then there was more singing and dancing while they waited for their parents to come. The party was a great success! Janika says it was the best party she has ever had!!!!

Here is the cake. I actually made and decorated the cake myself this year!!! I usually have my aunt Sally do it. But when I decided to do this cake, I figured it was simple enough for me. Janika loved it!!

Janika creating her star backpack clip.

The party group ready to rock out to Hannah Montana!!




No comments: